Saturday, February 13, 2010

Busy, busy boy

I can't believe it's already been a month since Easton's birthday! He's changed so much in the last few weeks, that I don't know if I can remember everything he's learned! Here goes:
-New teeth have FINALLY arrived. He's 13 months old and only had two teeth until this week. He's got two little nubs poking out on top that I know are going to make his smile simply irresistible.
-Off he goes! My little dude doesn't crawl anymore. He's walking all over the place. I can only be grateful that he's not running *yet*.
-His vocabulary is climbing up, up, up! The list includes Mama, Dada, nana (banana), na-nigh (nuh-night), Bahbah (bye, bye), sheeze (cheese), hi, nono, yeah, s'at (what's that). And he recognizes the words/phrases milk, have a bite, I'm gonna get you, come here, don't touch, see you later, dance, hug, kisses, and the list goes on and on....He's one smart cookie.
-He learned this silly little way of blowing kisses. Mostly he just put his finger in his mouth and makes a kissy sound, but he sure thinks he's blowing you a kiss. I'll get a video of it soon before it evolves into a real blown kiss.
-He climbs stairs. All the stairs. If Kade and I aren't paying real close attention, we often find him upstairs playing in his room as if it's none of our business.

Today he and I are both stuck at home with colds. Kade is out of town umpiring, and we miss him lots and lots. We hope you all have a great Valentines Day!

3 comments:

Kaniala, Samantha and Kai Kaha said...

what a smarty! watching them learn and grow has got to be one of the best things in the world! and you know what they say about teeth that come in later...they are more healthy! :)

Mike and Michelle said...

Wow, I can't believe all the words he is saying, that is so fun! I'm a sucker...whenever Rachel says mama...she gets me to do whatever she wants! I melt!

Julianne Howes said...

Oh my goodness! What a big boy!! I need to see him soon. And you of course :)