Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer winds down

August has become one of my favorite months. I know we're only a little bit into it, but it has been a nice month so far. Last weekend, Kade and I drove up for my Aunt Bea's 50th birthday party in Blackfoot. I really love getting to see all of my family :) Tiffany even drove all the way up and stayed for the weekend with her Little Man. He's the cutest little boy I ever saw. Maybe he'll have some competition come January.We have just about a week and half until we find out the sex. Anticipation is thick at the Gardner house. I'm pretty sure that I can feel the baby moving....but it's hard to be sure. Perhaps I'm making something out of nothing. I was finally able to pull my head out of the new and final book in the Twilight series last night. I savored every page. It was wonderful, by the way. This week, Kade and I are working at the Cache County Fair to earn a little extra dough and help out his mom. If it weren't so hot, I'd love it. Even with the heat, it's pretty fun to be down there. I inherited a love for "people-watching" from my mom, and the fair is a pot of gold for weirdos wandering about. It's highly entertaining. We're still looking for a new place to live and still working to get our current place rented out. Finding an affordable place where we can keep Jack is proving to be more of a hassle than we had hoped. Perhaps our move will only allow us to keep Jack, and not save money as we had intended. But he's worth it. I'll get a part-time job if I have to.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Yeah, July is finally over. I'm with you onthe fact that August is a great month! I am glad you had an enjoyable time at the fair and were able to help Kade's Mom out when she needed you both. It was very nice of you both. Yes, you did get your "people watching" from me. They are very entertaining, aren't they? As I am watching them and have to stop and look around. Who is wtching me? Did I do something weird or stupid? I would hope I am not as strange as I find some others to be. Oh, well. I am also grateful for the time we were able to spend together at Aunt Bea's party. There is absolutely nothing more important to me than my family and I cherish the time I get with them to build memories. It was so good to see them all. Love ya lots kiddo! Love, Mom