Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mary

I've been thinking a lot today about the true meaning of Christmas, but more specifically, I've been thinking about Mary. I am so grateful for her example of motherhood. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her. She had to endure endless persecution for carrying a child that was not her husband's. She had to travel great distances on foot in the final days of her pregnancy. She had to endure the worry and grief it must have given her to be turned away when looking for a place to stay and birth her child. Never mind the immense pressure and responsibility put on her to carry and care for the Son of God. All these things she did. And of course the Lord rewarded her. She held and kissed and loved the infant Christ. What would it have been like to know that you held the Son of God in your arms and gazed into his eyes? To watch Him reach his first milestones? To know that our Heavenly Parents and Their Son depended upon you and your skills as a mother to give the Savior everything he would need to survive and succeed on this earth? She is an amazing woman. What an example she is to me! She must have lived her life greatly even before motherhood or the Lord would never have trusted her with such a great responsibility. I can't wait to hold my own infant son in my arms and understand the joy she felt that night in Bethlehem. I am honored that the Lord would trust Kade and I with one of His children. I doubt that I could measure up to Mary, but I will try my hardest to be the best mother I can for Easton. This Christmas, as we reflect on the birth of our Savior, don't forget to remember Mary and her profound sacrifices. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Kraig & Courtney said...

Oh, look how cute your growing family is! I am sooo excited for you and your husband to have a baby! What an exciting time! That really is funny that you know Casey and Amy. Kraig actually has been really good friends with Casey since high school... its a small world, especially in Cache Vallley

tiffrsmith said...

What a beautiful post... Thank you!

Rose said...

Way to go girl! you mde your Mom cry. What a beautiful message and an absolute wonderful reminder of what Christmas is really all about. I will let family know to check this out. Also Kim, now I KNOW she will cry too. Aunt Bea? Well now that is a given. She has such a beautiful heart too. Love you so much! Thanks, sweet child.