Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The first appointment

So- Kade and I went for our first doctor's appointment today. Basically, we don't know anything new! The baby is still pretty tiny so there was only a 50% chance that we could hear the heartbeat. Well, we were part of the unlucky 50% and the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat. So, we'll be going back in two weeks for our first ultrasound. I am really looking forward to having some proof that there is actually a little baby inside my tummy! It's frustrating to not know what's going on in there! I'll try to have a good attitude about it if the hormones will let me. My moods have been completely out of control. Say a prayer that Kade will still love me by the time the baby comes. I'm afraid I've not been a very fun person lately. However, the upside is that I really loved my doctor. She was very informative and kind. I'm looking forward to having her help us through the next 30 weeks. Also, she said that the morning sickness and nausea usually peak at 10 weeks so I should be over the hump soon. Lucky for me, I have only thrown up once so far! So, I'll just keep counting my blessings and trying to be a nice girl.

4 comments:

The Moores said...

I am so glad you liked dr. craig, I thought that you would. I was glad to read your blog. kade wasn't very informative on the phone so it was good to get the scoop. please feel free to call me if you ever have any questions. mistie

Rose said...

Just hang in there sis. The hormonal tirades don't last forever. The word "patience" comes to mind. This will be a true test for both of you. Please know we love you and wish nothing the best for both of you. We look for ward to being updated either through you personally or your new blog.

tiffrsmith said...

Welcome to Blog-Land, sis. Try to hang in there. This is the worst part of pregnancy. And just think, in a couple of weeks, you'll get to see your little jellybean in real time. I didn't get to see Little Man until 19 weeks, so I'm kinda jealous that you get an ultrasound early. Love ya!

LindsayLoo08 said...

Well aren't you so cute with your blog! Looks like I'm going to have to get one of those. You should find a way to post ultrasound pics on here so we can see the cute little peanut. Just try to remember that's it's worth it in the end!