Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Week 11

So, here we are. Eleven weeks down and 29 to go. However, the last week has brought some welcome changes. I'm starting to have more energy....finally! My eyes are still pretty heavy by about 8 pm but I'm much more able to function throughout the day. Now..if I could only sleep at night....Since being pregnant I am getting some really terrible nights of sleep. I wake up 3-4 times every night and it takes me 15 minutes at least to get back to sleep. Ah well, this too shall pass I'm sure. My nausea is improving also. It's funny how when you're in the first trimester you are actually alarmed by feeling well. I start to worry if I'm not really tired or nauseated before and after every meal. I laugh sometimes, because I actually feel relieved when something triggers my gag reflex. Those who know me best know that I am an anxious basket case most of the time. But, I'm finding that with each day that passes I breathe a little more easily knowing that baby is still in there. I can only hope that that means everything is going smoothly. The best new change is that time seems to be passing more quickly. It felt like the first weeks of knowing about our pregnancy dragged on and on. The ultrasound is just 6 days away now! Wahoo! I'll post again next week when we get our first peek at our little bug. :)

1 comment:

Brett said...

Congratulations to you both! I am really happy for you. It's interesting to hear the things that are going through your mind. Keep up the good work. It's almost like I can hear you say the words and it makes me laugh. It is all very much worth it and brings a whole new happiness to your life. Take care.