Saturday, July 12, 2008

The bump

Ahh...the bump. My baby belly is showing now. Except, the thing I really don't enjoy about baby bumps is the fact that if people don't know you're pregnant you just look sorta fat. People might just think I've let myself go. I'm in a really frustrating stage where my clothes don't quite fit me anymore, but I'm too small (and prideful) to start wearing stretching maternity pants. Anyhow, I'm in my second trimester now which is very nice. Baby is the size of a lemon this week and I still marvel at the fact that I can't feel a lemon-sized person moving around in me. Not a lot has changed for me with the beginning of a new trimester. Except for the fact that I now frequently get headaches which really annoy me. I'm getting a little antsy for the fun parts of pregnancy to come. Enough with the sickness. Let's move on, body, shall we? Anyway, I know this is a short post, but I'm in one of those moods where you're so awfully ornery that you can't even stand to be around yourself. I'm struggling to think of anything positive. I'll be on vacation for a little while without internet access so I'll post again after my appt. on the 22nd. Happy July.

I just remembered another thing that I have been meaning to post about. Hopefully someone will have ideas about how to make my biggest problem go away. I keep having the most horrible nightmares. Usually they involve me trying to not get shot point blank in the head. Last night, I woke Kade and myself up screaming "NO!" in my sleep. I had a nightmare that someone snuck up on me in the dark and grabbed me. It doesn't sound that scary now, but it really was terrifying. I can only take so many more gun dreams and nightmares. Any ideas?

2 comments:

tiffrsmith said...

Hopefully the headaches and nightmares will end soon for you. It seems like you go through a lot of "phases" during pregnancy. They all pass quickly.

Don't feel too prideful about wearing maternity pants. I actually got to the point that I loved them. They are super comfy! Go get some!

Rose said...

Hey Kiddo,
I think for your nightmares you should have your husband give you a blessing. I think I suggested this a week ago. Listen to your mother! We know what's best! What? You'll use the same excuse, some day. Hide and watch. Love ya Lots!