Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our new addition

Kade and I would like to introduce the newest member of our family! His name is Jack! He's border collie and cocker spaniel...and yes, the physics of that breed are mind-boggling. I especially love the freckles on his nose. What a babe.

He has been such an adventure for us and really is helping us to prepare for the baby. He gets me up atleast once a night and needs constant attention while he's being potty-trained. Just don't tell the landlord. :) Kade's cousin brought the puppies to Bear Lake while we were up there and we fell in love with him. He's mellow and sweet.

Kade and I had a great time relaxing at his family's cabin in Bear Lake. I got the sunburn of a lifetime, but we still managed to have a good time. We spent time at the lake, four-wheeling, eating delicious food, etc. Monday night my sisters and I went to the John Mayer concert and LOVED it.
That's John there in the white shirt jamming away. What a beautiful rock star.


Colbie Caillat opened for him and she was also fantastic. She's the one in the white shirt. She has the most beautiful voice. It was nice to see both of my sisters and relax for one more night before I had to go back to work.
Yesterday I got to go to the doctor again. We heard the baby's heartbeat and Dr. Craig said that baby seems to be growing right and that I'm just the right size. I was SHOCKED to find out that I still haven't gained any weight. My doctor told me not to worry, so I guess I won't. We also got to schedule our ultrasound for Aug. 19th :) We'll finally know the sex for sure! I have started getting a lot of comments about my belly. I'm not quite sure how to take them. I suppose they're meant well. I've recently been told I was "losing my figure", I'm looking "calvey" (like a pregnant cow would), I have a chubby belly, and one person said they couldn't imagine what I would look like by January.....Nice....As much as I love my new belly, comments like that make me sort of insecure. I don't feel like I'm huge or that I'm showing too much. Oh well. Going back to work was slightly less than joyful. I feel like lately my patients eat me alive (no pun intended) and yell at me about things I can't control all night. Again, oh well. Such is life.

1 comment:

tiffrsmith said...

You got some way good pictures of the concert! Awesome!

Are you really far enough along to have your next ultrasound?? Holy cow, time goes by so fast. And I don't think you look "calvey" at all; people don't know what to say to pregnant ladies. You have to say something, but everything just comes out sounding mean. Don't take it personally.