Friday, July 4, 2008

Days off are a beautiful thing

AHHHH......How I LOVE having days off. I've had the last three days off and it has been a wonderful, wonderful thing. The Fourth is my supreme favorite holiday. I was feeling so fortunate to have it off, considering my job includes working Thanksgiving and Christmas. On Wednesday I loaded up my sister, Lindsay's, two beautiful daughters and carted them out to Hyrum to watch the fireworks with Kade and Grandpa. I hardly saw any of the show because I too fascinated by their cute faces and was snapping away with the camera.

Dad and the girls waiting for the fireworks. Ashlyn is too quick for the camera.

I think this is the sweetest picture. :)
CHEESE!!!

If you look close, you can see that Makenzy's mouth is hanging wide open. This was right when the fireworks started.
Makenzy's face is PERFECT in this one.
Thursday night we went to Logan's fireworks with Kade's family. It was our niece Brynlee's 2nd birthday too. Happy Day!!! She is the most adorable little thing. We didn't get as many pictures that night and unfortunately Uncle Kade forgot to bring the camera to her birthday party today. We also went to the pool with Mistie, Nick, and Brynlee on Thursday. I wish I had pictures of her going down the slide with Uncle Kade. She loved it!
She didn't seem as sure about the fireworks that night. She was probably pretty tired and they were a lot bigger and louder than the ones Makenzy and Ashlyn went to see with us. She still "Wow"ed in all the right places and seemed content. She's so cute. :)
However, there is no new news on the baby front. I've decided to leak information about the names on the list for lack of better information for you all. The girl name is 100% positive. Kadynce Marie (First name after her daddy and middle name after my mom's). I think it's so beautiful that we half hope it is a little Kady :) The names for a son change weekly, if not daily. The list include thus far: Brooks, Cohl, Carson, Camden, and Brennen. I also love Max :) So you'll have to stay tuned if it is our little baseball player in there. Feel free to let us know which ones are your favorites and maybe we can narrow it down.

2 comments:

tiffrsmith said...

What beautiful pictures! I wish I'd been there!

I think any name you pick will be wonderful. I always hated when I'd suggest a name (that I secretly LOVED) and someone would wrinkle their nose at it and tell me why I shouldn't name my kid that. You're brave to ask for opinions!

Rose said...

I am so glad you were able to enjoy your days off. It looks like you had a lot of fun with both sides of the family. Kade's little Bynlee is an adorable little girl. I hope her B-Day was extra fun. I love the pics of Makenzy and Ashlyn. The is such wonder and awe in those little faces. I really like the names you have picked out and I feel especially honored that you would use my middle name as your choice for a girls middle name. Very thoughtful and sweet. It just sounds good together also. What about the middle names to go with some of boys names you like? I think they are all cute names. Maybe you will be down to the last second like Tiffany and need to meet your "little homerunner" before you can decide. It worked well for her. Sure do love you both. Give each other hugs for me.