Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nerves

Finally...I'm nervous. This whole time I've just been breezing through this pregnancy without a single nervous bone in my body. Well..the nerves have shown up and I think they're trying to make up for me having an easy 8 months. It just hit me in the last few days that I am actually going to have a child. I love babies and kids, but I've never had one that I didn't send home with my sister after a few hours. Scary. And I'm feeling a little sad today that it won't just be me and Kade anymore. I am still very excited for little Easton to come, but I'll miss having Kade all to myself sometimes. I have the greatest husband in all the world. I hope that we can still find quiet moments to sit together and be silly. I think he deserves a medal or something...he's a good sport for putting up with me. He'll be a very good dad. AND he did such a great job at our lamaze class last night. He is going to be an awesome labor coach. Last night we learned some basic massage and relaxation techniques. It was actually physically exhausting for me and I was very sore when the class was over. I'm still not nervous for labor. That's a good thing, I guess. I am nervous for early labor though. Only because we are not ready for Easton to come. 8 more weeks, folks. I am feeling a bit in over my head.

5 comments:

C.B. said...

I was really nervous before Tegan was born until she was about 3 months old, I didn't know what to do with a little person. It was scary, somedays I still dont know what to do....but I dont even want to imagine my life without her.

Bethany said...

Wow, Nikki, I seriously cannot believe that you are having a baby in only 8 weeks!!!! It seems like just yesterday that we were little beehives!

Casey and Amy said...

I'm excited that we're going to be neighbors! How fun!! Thanks for offering to help! But we're not going to make you do anything like that while your pregnant! How exciting that your having a little boy! I'm very excited for you two!!

Rose said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling nervous. It's completely normal nad understandable though. This is one of the biggest events of your life and a most wonderful blessing. I loved the family portraits. I really liked all the red in the phots. Gorgeous. You and Kade are a fantastick looking couple. Know I love you both. Love, Mom

Domestic Diva said...

Junie B!!! I am so excited for you. I haven't been keeping up on reading your blog! I haven't had internet in a long time so I caught up today. Have you already had your baby shower? I have something for you so let me know. And if you need anything let me know. I miss you and I hope to hear from you soon. Love always Nicole