Sunday, November 23, 2008

A farewell

What a week we've had!First, we said goodbye to a close friend. That's right...Jack has moved on. We adopted him to a new family. We'd been having a lot of trouble with him lately. He really took the cake though on last Wednesday when he decided that our kitchen floor needed some help. So instead of peeing on it like he usually would...he just tore it up and ate it. So...we decided that he was too much maintenance for us, especially with Easton coming so soon. Kade took him to his new family on Friday. Now he'll have more room to run and children and another dog to play with. I'm sure he'll be very happy. Anyhow,Kade had his birthday on Thursday too. The big 2-4. He's feeling quite old I think. We went out to dinner at the Maddox and relaxed the rest of the night. It was nothing too exciting, but Thursdays usually aren't. Yesterday I had my first baby shower. Big thanks to Kade's mom, sister, and cousin for that! It was spectacular! We felt very spoiled after. However, even though his closet is full and we are more prepared, I'm still pretty anxious for our little guy to come. But the excitement also fills the house!Just 45 more days! The nursery is coming along nicely, and I have two more days off to work on it. Also, I am positive that my belly has grown. Easton must be growing just fine! And he has been exceptionally active this week. Well, I hope that everyone has a terrific Thanksgiving. I KNOW I WILL!!!

1 comment:

C.B. said...

Sorry about Jack and the ripping up of the floor. I am glad he has a nice family. So I'm sad, but I wont be able to make it to your baby shower on the 6th. I have my nephew's baptism and a christmas party that day. I will be getting something cute for your cutie anyways though!