Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sleep, shots, and sickness

Little Easton is now two months old. It's fun to watch him become his own little person more and more each day. He has developed quite a sense of humor. I was dancinga bit last night to a song, completely unaware that I had an audience. I looked over at him and his binky was half out of his mouth and he had an enormous grin on his face like "Mom....seriously?" It was adorable. We've been working on sleep training, because we got into the bad habit of holding him while he slept. How could we help it? He's so sweet! But it was causing some trouble getting him to sleep on his own, so it had to stop. Now we only hold him until he's drowsy, then he does the rest himself. Except, he insists on being on his side if he's going to sleep. So now I have to wait until he's zonked out and turn him onto his back for fear of SIDS. This is fine, until it's 4:30 am and I'm trying to keep myself awake long enough to get him turned successfully. He also went to his 8 week well baby checkup this week. He now weighs 10 lbs 2 oz and is 22.5 inches long. He's growing well, but he's still so very small when it comes to weight. His height is right on the money, so perhaps he'll be a tall, skinny guy. Not to mention handsome as all get out. There is a nasty cold going around, and I'm afraid I caught it. I just hope that I don't pass it to the rest of my family. I don't like it when Easton is sick. He had immunizations last week and they made him absolutely miserable for about a day. He had a fever and was so unhappy. Also, we figured out that the formula I have makes him sick. He barfs all over for the whole day if i give it to him. There goes that. The pediatrician recommended a couple kinds that would be easier on his tummy, but I can't bring myself to spend the 25 bucks on a can of it when I have a freezer full of milk. I think I must have been a cow in another life.. Well..sorry this post was completely mundane and unthrilling, but it's all I got.

3 comments:

C.B. said...

I'm sorry about your cold. I still hold Tegan for naps sometimes, I really need to stop, but I l just love it.

tiffrsmith said...

I hope you feel better soon! And I promise you'll thank yourself later for the sleep training now; old habits die hard, especially for little ones.

Casey and Amy said...

oh my gosh yes!! i would love that!!