Monday, June 15, 2009

Proud of me

Today has been very productive. I did seven loads of laundry, cleaned the house top to bottom, played with Easto, make a kick-butt dinner, baked the best cookies in the world, AND made a yummy snack for us to enjoy when Kade got home from class. I think I understand the term "super-mom" Here are the recipes I tried today. I HIGHLY recommend each and every one of them!
First-- The aptly-named Better Than Sex Sauce. This recipe was shared with me a while ago by my friend Natalie. Bout time I made it, hmm, Nat?

Better Than Sex Sauce...

  • 2 c. Whipping Cream
  • 1 c. Sour Cream
  • 1 tsp. Chicken Base (like the pastey kind)
  • 2 T. Clarified Butter (what is clarified anyway???)
  • 1 T. Flour
  • 1 tsp. bottled jalepenos minced
  • 1 T. juice from bottled jalapenos
  • 2 oz. Shredded cheese - mexi-mix

Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat. When the cream is ready to boil, stir in sour cream. After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium. Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer.

While cream is heating: Make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour, and mixing with a wire whip until mixture starts to turn pale gold.

Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated. Remove from heat; stir in minced jalapeno and the cheese.

Serve with Tortilla Chips, Bread, Crackers...whatever the heck you wanna serve it with!!


Next-- S'more Cookies...YUM!
1/2 c. old fashioned rolled oats
2 cups all purpose flour. (I used 1 c. flour and 1 c. finely ground graham crackers)
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 king size milk chocolate bar (I cut each Hershey square in half)
15 large marshmallows cut in half

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse oats until finely ground. Add flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; Pulse to combine. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add egg. Beat in flour mixture on low speed until just combined.
2. Drop dough by tablespoon, one inch apart, onto two baking sheets. Top each with a chocolate square. Bake until lightly golden, 11-13 minutes, rotating sheets half way through. Remove sheets from oven. Heat broiler. Top each cookie with marshmallow half. One sheet at a time, broil cookies until marshmallows are golden brown. Cool on wire racks. SOOOO GOOOOODD!

Last but not least....http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Mustard-Grilled-Chicken/Detail.aspx
This chicken was really good. You should just check it out on the website. That way you can scale it up or down to fit your family and see the picture of it. Very yummy.

1 comment:

tiffrsmith said...

I'm impressed. Yesterday all I got done was reading stupid Harry Potter. I curse you for ever getting me started on those books.

Those cookies look amazing. I'll be trying them soon.