Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Bili, the belly, and the bath

Well, little Easton is a week and half old now. Time is passing so quickly! So far Kade and I have been amazed at what a good baby we have. He hardly fusses, sleeps great at night, and eats like a little piggy. And he's in excellent health! We had to have his Bilirubin level checked 4 times to keep a close eye on jaundice, but I just found out today that he's okay and doesn't need any more tests done! Hooray! I hated watching them poke his little heel. He was a real trooper though. His cord fell off last night and I don't think I've ever been so excited to see a belly button...except when I finally saw mine again after he was born. Since the cord fell off, we got to give him his first bath. I think he was a little nervous about it and he fussed a little. But I realized that he liked the sound of water running so we were a bit wasteful and let it run while we bathed him. He seemed much happier then. He looked adorable in his little hooded towel! We're getting along just famously! Today we are little lonely though. Kade went back to work today and we are both missing daddy. Kade is an incredible dad. He feeds him, changes him, and cuddles him to death. I have fallen in love all over again with him watching him be a dad. I think Easton and I would both be lost without him. We can't wait for the weekend to have him home again, and we're impatiently watching the clock today for him to come home.





6 comments:

C.B. said...

Easton sounds amazing. It is so hard when they have to poke your babies' heal. I started crying. I am not very brave. It truly is so sweet watching your hubbie become a dad.

Wildflower said...

Oh, Nikki...he's adorable!! I am so very very happy for you guys :oD Glad to hear everyone is healthy and doing well.

darkhorse said...

Honey bear that was the best thing that someone has said to me along time!!!! I love you to death as well:-) i am so glad that i was able to be with you when you gave birth to my little boy! I would not trade it for anything in the world!!!! it made our relashionship so much stronger, I don't know what i would do if i ever lost one of you, my love goes straight to your heart and i hope that it stays their for all eternity. Thanks for your comment it made tears boil over and drip out, love ya babe.

Chelsie Sanders said...

Nikki, he is so adorable. Congrats!

Casey and Amy said...

He is so cute!! Congradulations!!!

Mike and Michelle said...

Wow, it's hard to believe he's here, but what a little miracle you have! Time is already flying...his first real bath! Glad to here your hubby thinks Easton's a keeper :-)