Monday, January 26, 2009

Two weeks

Happy Two-week birthday to our little Easton! This week you have become even more handsome and aware of your world. I love watching you stare around the room with those big round eyes. Sometimes you look so serious and intense and your little brow scrunches up. I think you'll have wrinkles by the time you're five. Other times you look at me with the cheesiest grin and I fall completely in love you. I don't care if it is just gassy smiles...you're adorable. I think you and I could stare at each other for hours and still be fascinated by what we see. I can't help but wonder who you'll be to the world. You've learned to coo and talk to me and the best part of my day is when you will tell me a little story. You know how to burp loud enough to shake the walls and I'm actually proud of that! You can only get away with that for so long, so eat it up! Daddy and I are still trying to figure out how to take the very best care of you. We'll get there- we promise. I want you to know that you are my dream come true and the love of my life (right up there next to daddy.) As long as I can remember, I've wanted a little boy. A rowdy, dirty, break-my-things-and-drive-me-nuts little boy. You're even better than I imagined you would be. You're such a good boy. Thank you for being such a good eater and for only waking me up once each night. Thank you for the times you fall asleep on my chest and make cute snoring sounds. Thank you for being patient with me when I kiss you a million times. Thank you for letting me be your mommy. I love you, baby.

1 comment:

C.B. said...

That is so sweet. He sounds like a great sleeper. That is awesome!