Thursday, January 15, 2009

Easton Maddux Gardner

Finally! Our little man has arrived. He was born Monday the 12th at 4:54 pm. He weighed in at a tiny six pounds ten ounces and measured up at nineteen and a half inches. Just a little guy, considering he was five days overdue. The last few days of my pregnancy were especially long and hard. I had false labor a few times and was so very frustrated each time the contractions would go away. I was so overwhelmed and exhausted by it. I had a bit of a mental breakdown Sunday night. My poor dear husband. He must really love me. The next morning I woke up around 4:30 am from contractions. I assumed it was false labor again, so I got up to take a bath and make them go away. When I stood up, there was a small gush of fluid, and I thought maybe my water had broke. So, reluctantly, we went up to the hospital. I was sure that they would send us home, but knew my mind wouldn't rest until I knew for sure that my water hadn't really broken. So we checked in and waited around. They checked my dilation and said I was at a 1-2 centimeters. I was SO mad! My last appointment I was at a 3 and I thought for sure that all the contractions would have made me progress. Well, an hour later, they checked me again and I had progressed to a 4+. So, hooray! I really was in labor and we got to stay at the hospital. I managed the pain really well and had no help until I got to a 6. Then they broke my water and I made the decision to get the epidural then. The first epidural they gave me only numbed my right side and I was really uncomfortable and sick feeling. But once they redid it, I was just peachy! In the next hour I progressed all the way to a 9! Then just a half hour later, I knew I HAD to push. NOW! So we got all set up and I pushed for a short 28 minutes. Then Easton made his entrance, and he is BEAUTIFUL!!! He had already had a bowel movement in the womb, so they took him immediately to clean up and make sure he didn't breathe in the bacteria. The whole experience was great and not nearly what I had imagined. It was just about 12 hours long and a lot easier than I thought it would be. Kade was a fantastic labor coach and he is so proud of this new little boy. He can't get enough, and neither can I. He's nursing really well and he's not a terrible sleeper. We love him! Thanks to all of you who have called, visited, sent flowers, etc. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. We'll be sure to keep you posted on all his milestones, big and small!

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

5 comments:

C.B. said...

He is so handsome. I am glad the labor went we so well! CONGRATS you guys!

Nat and Chad said...

Oh my gosh! He is so adorable! Congrats!!! :)

Karissa said...

Congrats!! I'm sure all those painful days towards the end were worth a speedy and smooth labor. He's adorable!!

Mike and Michelle said...

Wow! Congratulations you two, he is perfect! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad to hear that delivery wasn't too bad for you! Enjoy your little one!

Bethany said...

Congrats again, you two!